Full-day excursion to Djerdap Gorge
Things to see?
- Lepenski Vir – Archaeological site Lepenski Vir is located in the Djerdap Gorge. It is the center of one of the most important prehistoric cultures. Archaeological investigations revealed a total of 136 objects
- National park Djerdap- largest national park in Serbia. The main phenomenon of the park is Djerdap Gorge, the longest and highest Gorge in Europe
- Iron Gate – it is the name for the part of the Danube, which is about 100 km long, is pushing through the Carpathian mountains and flows through one of the most spectacular natural scenery. The river flows through two canyons and three gorges, where the narrowest part of the current is only 150 m wide and the cliffs that are rising above the surface of the water to a height of 200 m to 500 m
- Golubac Fortress – from which the highest tower Byzantine queen Jelena was feeding pigeons
Things to do?
- Photo shooting in the oldest European urban settlement – get your cameras ready when entering the Lepenski Vir
- Walking or biking tour through the National Park Djerdap – recreation in the park. If we’re lucky, we might see a black tribe or the golden eagle
- A boat ride through the Iron Gate – guarantee that you will run out of breath passing through the narrowest parts of Danube
- Lunch or dinner overlooking the Danube-taste the local specialties of this region while watching the mighty Danube