Half-day excursion to Belgrade`s most famous picnic area
Things to see?
- Avala Tower– when it was first built the tower was the highest construction in former Yugoslavia.
- Unknown Hero Monument– the monument was built by the order of King Aleksandar Karadjordjevic at the place of the medieval fortress Zrnov that was mined to free the place for the new structure
- Opanak Museum– opened not long ago the museum has around 70 pair of “opanak“ (Serbian national shoes) from different parts of Serbia. From the most primitive ones to the ones that won prizes on fairs around the world
Things to doo?
- Unforgettable view– from the viewpoint of the tower that is situated on 122 meters above the ground you will have amazing view on Belgrade and whole Sumadija region
- Walk trough the woods– fresh air and green suroundings is good for resting your body and soul
- Charcoal barbeque– we will organize picnic on Avala for you. A must try charcoal grill
- Cooffee minced by hand– the one who wants to have cooffee in the Museum of Opanak will have the honor of mincing it personally at old fashion way in the mill